I think it's rather ironic and pretty cool that I met my best friend turned hubby 10 years ago on this day as well...Sw. Mikolaj brought me a little more than some sweets in my shoe that day. Love you Pat! Thank you for my beautiful bouquet of flowers and Starbucks coffee! You're the best husband anyone could ever have!
Thursday, December 6, 2012
Swiety Mikolaj and Happy 10th!
Today marks a Polish Christmas tradition that I intend to continue from my childhood. Every December 6th, Swiety Mikolaj (Polish's version of St. Nicholas) would visit the homes of people in the village, dressed in his bishop's robes. When Sw. Mikolaj visited the children, he gave them a gift for being good and to remind them of the gifts given to the Christ Child by the Three Kings. Celebrating the feast day of Sw. Mikolaj remains popular with Polish people living all over the world. In my family (and in many Polish families) parents fill their children's shoes with treats the night of December 5th. You never really get a gift, just a bunch of sweets! So this morning, whilst I was dressing my little man, I surprised him by showing him his shoes. He screamed gleefully, "kinga!" (candy). Oh! He was sooooo excited for his breakfast: twizzlers and candy cane hershey kisses. Of course, he would NOT stop asking for candy even after having 4 pieces! So then we had a little tantrum....
I think it's rather ironic and pretty cool that I met my best friend turned hubby 10 years ago on this day as well...Sw. Mikolaj brought me a little more than some sweets in my shoe that day. Love you Pat! Thank you for my beautiful bouquet of flowers and Starbucks coffee! You're the best husband anyone could ever have!
I think it's rather ironic and pretty cool that I met my best friend turned hubby 10 years ago on this day as well...Sw. Mikolaj brought me a little more than some sweets in my shoe that day. Love you Pat! Thank you for my beautiful bouquet of flowers and Starbucks coffee! You're the best husband anyone could ever have!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a special day for the family!!
ReplyDeleteCool tradition dude!! I bet Seb is excited about anytime he gets candy for breakfast!
ReplyDeleteLove the singing and dancing videos too!!