Seb had a fun filled post Thanksgiving pre Christmas prep week. Dad, Seb and I put up lights on Thanksgiving weekend and bought a Christmas tree from Walmart. Yeah, that's right. We get our tree from Walmart! It's actually THE prettiest tree I've ever had. AAAAAnd it's real! I went Griswald this year and bought 7 reindeer and a Santa sleigh to put in the front yard. My neighbors inspired me because their house has a real life Santa in it that waves and sings to passerbys. We've had so many cul de sac drive bys, it's scary....literally. In fact, Pat "heard" something outside around 10:30 pm last night and ran so fast to open the door that he forgot the alarm was turned on! Low and behold it was a passerby. Next year, we'll be putting out a tip jar. Can't wait to see my electricity bill!
The reindeer haven't been set up in this pic yet. More pics to come!
Seeting up the tree
Poof!
Seb has been all about Christmas this year. He absolutely LOOOOVES our neighbor's "Sansey" (Santa) and demands we go and say hi to him everyday. Here he is busting a move:
I caught him taking down Christmas tree decorations the other day....
Our friend Josie and her little girl Carla invited us to the Jewish Community Center to learn a little bit about Hannukah. It was a blast! There was free playtime for about an hour and then a man with a HAT came in to see Hebrew songs about Israel and how cool it is to be Jewish. Ok, I'm sure they weren't about that but I really couldn't understand a word that came out of his mouth. Either way, it was really fun and educational. Afterwards, Seb enjoyed a snack of blessed hallah bread and juice with his pals. It's impossible to get a good photo of these kiddos!
The JCC has a great playground!
Later on, Seb practiced his singing skills:
There have been so many Christmas events around town. We have a new Maki Family Christmas Tradition: Chuy's Children Giving to Children Parade! It was soooo much fun. There's a bunch of local celebrities, schools and clubs that partake in the parade along with some blow up Sesame Street characters that pass by on Congress Avenue in Downtown. Everyone brings a gift to give to a disadvantaged child and puts in a truck at the end of the parade. I think this is a great way to teach Seb to give back and also help others. Our friends Anuva, Niva ("Fafa") and Kraig met up with us and a fun time was had by all!
It's Abby from Sesame Street
He was really excited!
Seb put the gift in the truck with help from dad
Seb's been talking up a storm lately. Here are some hilarious things that have come out of his mouth:
Seb and I were at Costco the other day and I was asking him questions: "Seb, what do you want to buy at Costco?" He responds, "A puppy!" Mommy says, "what would you call it?" Seb screams, "FAFA!!!!"
I was attempting to change Seb's diaper with no success so I asked him if he was going to be a good boy as to which he responded: "Candy!" Ha! No more bribing with candy, mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment