Weight: 27 lbs 6 oz 60% percentile - he's getting leaner!
Height: 33 inches - 75%
Toddler Attitude: Spot On (read on)
To my surprise, there was a survey I had to complete while there. It's something called the MCHAT or something like that. It is a screening for Autism. Some of these questions are down right confusing. For example: "does your child gaze off and stare at objects" or even better, "does your child seem to be deaf"
Ummm, yeah! He's a toddler. Yes, he spaces out at times and he most definitely "plays" deaf like everyday, ok?! He's my baby doll but he definitely doesn't feel like listening to his mommy these days....especially today in music class. This sweet, first born child of mine was absolutely thrilled to be going to music class today. HOWEVER, once we got there he was not at all involved in any of the musical activities. He was running around everywhere, jumping on the church chairs (music class is held in a Methodist church), playing hide and seek all the while acting as if I were his personal side kick/homie (meaning, chase me mommy! I'm the boss!). It all culminated when he was running around and accidentally bumped into another mommy and ricocheted off her thigh and slammed into the hard floor, head first. I really should have taken a picture, it wasn't pretty and would've made for some good laughter (in like 20 years). However, for the moment, my mommy instincts turned on and all I could think was sooth, sooth, sooth. It was a hard hit, definitely at least a 6 on the mommy Richter scale. Needless to say, we headed home once the wailing stopped.
Back to the doc appt. When I questioned Doc about the spacing out and selective deafness, he laughed and said, "Seems like we've got a real toddler on our hands." Yep that's my boy! He's becoming more and more independent (aka tantrum central) everyday! I love you precious monkey boy! And happy happy half birthday!
Here are some pics of late:
"iPhone to my right, iPad in my hands...now if I could just open this thing"
"I may have blonde hair but I'm very dark and mysterious when I wear my shades"
"I'll be back" -Terminator
So happy to be outside
Daddy + Sali = Heaven on Earth





All this talk about first and second pregnancies....are you ready for number 2???
ReplyDeleteHe's a little Pat clone in his shades!
ReplyDeleteBahahahaha!!! Wouldn't it be so fun if you could really be his personal sidekick/homie and not have to discipline him?? Love his dark and mysterious look!
ReplyDelete